The Aspects of Aging and Staying Healthy
Finding Your Passion Even if You Think You Are Already Old
Preventing Lifestyle Diseases--eBook
The Body and Mind in Healthy Aging
The Aspects of Aging and Staying Healthy
Money is the root of evil, and as we age, our money becomes less and less. You still need to keep in mind that you have to stay healthy. Staying healthy is the key to a long and better life.
The older we get the more we think we know what is going on when we’re sick and not feeling well. It is very important to know when it is time to make that visit to your doctor’s office. It is good to know how to take care of yourself but there is some things that if let go to long it could be too late. Over the counter drugs may not be the right decision. Recently, studies showed that some over-the-counter drugs are causing serious side effects. Your doctor can help you to find which over-the-counter, or medications to help you stay well.
- When you do break down and make that appointment or go to the emergency room for care you need to be able to work with the doctor. Your doctor needs to know what you’ve already taken at home for the problem so he doesn’t give something that will counteract to your home remedy.
Tell your doctor about all your past history of illness. He needs to know what immunization shots you have had and what treatments you’ve had in the past. If you can’t remember, keep records and dates handy. Knowing about your family health is important as well. Some illness run in the family and the doctor needs to have an idea what to look for when he makes his diagnosis. Always keep a list of current medications your taking including the over the counter drugs.
- When you go to see your doctor write down questions you may have. Ask him to explain. Always ask questions if he says or does things and you’re not sure, what they are for. Remember a question not asked is a stupid one. Tell him if you are already taking a drug and you don’t feel like it is helping. If you don’t agree with what your doctor is saying always feel free to get a second opinion.
- Routine check-ups are very important to a healthy you. Having routine checks may not seem important but there could be something going on and maybe your doctor can catch it in time before it progresses too far. Make sure you get your flu and pneumonia shots every year as recommended. The shots may not stop you from getting the flu but it can lessen it so you won’t be so sick. Going out and mixing with family and/or friends will help to alleviate that depression of loneliness, which sets in with older people faster than any other age groups will do. Maybe take some classes on diet and exercise. There you will learn and meet new people. The activities will be good for all. If you don’t want to take, classes try a support group to meet people.
Most importantly, don’t take your health into your own hands. I know with the high cost of medications and healthcare it prevents us from receiving the care we need. Still, you will find resources available to help you get that care.
- One little thing like a sore throat that won’t go away could be a serious problem and it is very risky in the end. So, don’t just keep trying to treat it yourself. This is what doctors are all about.
See your doctor especially if you’re experiencing a squeezing in the chest, having severe pain, your vision is blurred. Trouble talking and swallowing, feeling weak on one side or the other, dizzy or confused, your doctor may find something more serious than you think it is. In addition, if you notice blood in your urine or stool, depression set in for any length of time and a fever lasts longer than it should, you should see your doctor.
Remember taking your health into your own hands increases your risk of uncommon aging.
Finding Your Passion
Even if You Think You
Are Already Too Old!
If you are at the point in your life when you feel like you are already too old to pursue the route in finding your passion, stop the thought. No one is too old or neither too young to go where they really want to go. If you will surrender to defeat, you will never know what could have happened if only you have allowed yourself to take risks in order to attain what you heart wants you to.
- Age doesn't matter when it comes to pursuing what will make you feel complete. This is necessary so that when you finally cannot muster strength to move forward, you can always look back at your achievements with fulfilment in your heart.
Age Is Not a Factor
As you go through life, there are many phases that you have to conquer before you can proclaim success over various ventures. You may have different priorities when you were younger, which may be the reason why you have not really focused into realizing what your real passion is. This can be easy and this can be done. But life gets more complicated as you age, reason why you tend to neglect to remember what you really want to achieve in the first place.
When you were young, you think that you have to succeed no matter you up to be better and to excel in whatever path you have chosen to walk on. And in order to succeed, some people choose to set aside their inner longings to give in to the opportunities that are being presented to them the moment that they need these. They grab on to these opportunities thinking like after they have earned good money and saved up a lot, they will go back to what they really want and pursue their passion.
- Some people never get the chance to look back. Once they feel like they are already settled in the environment that they have chosen to be in, they fear that they will lose everything if they will let it go to pursue something that they are not really sure what the outcome will be. So they decide to stay in the place where they are even though they feel like they are stuck with it. If you are doing something that you don't really like, you will feel like life is dragging you to do things. You are creating your own prison where you are making calculated moves and you know exactly what to do whenever anything goes wrong.
- Once you get too comfortable with this scenario, you will likely be afraid to come out of it. So you have to take a risk before you get into such state. If you will allow yourself to be a prisoner of that situation where you are being driven by money, you will find it to go back to the point when you have promised your passion that you will get back at it. That promise is important because you owe it to yourself to make this happen. This way, once you are old and you have accomplished so much, you will see light on what really matters if you have followed your guts to lead you in fulfilling your dreams.
Finding your passion can still be achieved even if you are already old. You just have to set your heart and mind to it to be able to attain your goals.
- Check out “ The Body and Mind in Healthy Aging” after this commercial break.
Preventing Lifestyle Diseases
Living Longer & Maintaining Great health
ARE YOUR LIFESTYLE CHOICES KILLING YOU?
Special Report Reveals…...
How To Choose a Long and Healthy Life Free Of Disease, Infirmity, and Disability Instead.
Get Started Today.
Are the things you do on a day-to-day basis, some of them unconsciously, literally stealing your life from you?
Humans are living longer than ever before.
That may lead you to believe that we have come a long way in our goal to become healthier.
But in reality, the exact opposite is the case.
You will likely live longer than your grandparents or great grandparents did mainly because of advances in medicine and understanding of disease.......................
So what’s the problem?
The last 30 or 40 years of your life will most likely be accompanied by 1 or more chronic health conditions.
The quality of the life you live will most likely be less than desirable.
You may die prematurely from preventable lifestyle diseases like thousands of other people do each year!
R.R.P US$25.50 Special US$16.00
The Body and Mind in Healthy Aging
As we all grow older, we notice many changes going on in our minds and with the body.
At this time, the body and mind is saying you need to take charge and keep yourself active and in shape. Our health in very important and needs work every day to keep it in control.
- Getting older is something we cannot control so taking charge now is very important. It is always best to start youthfully. Our diets change as we grow older, which the body starts to lose nutrients it’s required to stay healthy. As we grow older, the body loses vitamins it needs to stay strong. You might want to think about taking a supplement to increase your daily vitamins, which you are no longer getting from your meals. Aside from meals, you also need activities to keep you strong.
Activities play an exceedingly important role in keeping our bodies and mind in shape. As we age, we have a tendency to slow down. The slowness causes the bones stiffen and the brain starts to slow down as well. Our brains and body need as much activities as they can get to keep them from losing the ability to function, as they should.
Our bodies need exercise everyday or as much as possible. Get yourself into an exercise program to keep the movement going and it will help the brain at the same time. An exercise program can be done with a group making it more fun and you’ll enjoy doing it with others and at the same time as you meet new people. Keep the body moving all the time so it doesn’t get lazy and want to stop. Exercising will help you lose weight, tone up, keeps you from getting stiff and will give you something to look forward to each day. If you get bored doing the same thing each day, try walking every other day for 30 minutes and on the off days enjoy your curriculum with your new friends.
- When starting a new exercise program take it slow and easy so you don’t get sore. When you start something new, such as workouts you are using muscles and parts of the body that were out of use. The muscles are tight, so you want to take it slow at the start. Begin with stretches always and end your excise with stretches as well. Don’t stop once you’ve started a program; keep going and you’ll notice a big difference? It takes time to see growth but it will benefit you in the end.
If you’re feeling sick, don’t always take it into your own hands. Some things have to be taken care of with medications, so if you’re feeling sick especially for more than a couple of days you need to consult your doctor. See your doctor on a regular schedule for a check up, he can sometimes catch something that you can’t before it starts to develop.
- Your diet plays a vital part in maintaining your health. Being overweight is common and it should be evaluated regularly by your doctor. If you’re overweight, it can cause many things to go wrong with your system.
Diabetes has become a danger increasingly in young and old alike. Diabetes if caught in time can be controlled by medications and diet. Be sure to get the right amount of carbs, fats, and protein in your diet each day to help keep the doctor away. A well balanced diet slows down the aging process and makes a healthier you. The best choice for keeping healthy, as you grow older is to exercise first, diet next, visit your doctor often, and take control of your mind and body.
For the retired senior who are good with tools and loaded with knowledge and talent about construction, habitat for humanity is an outstanding and ongoing program that will use those skills to the fullest.
Missions programs from local churches also find great work for talented seniors who want to help the less fortunate.
Thanks for checking out our page.
Wishing you and yours a long and happy life.