Today's Black Plague
In today’s society Diabetes has become the modern day “Black Plague” surpassing virtually all other diseases in our modern era!
And when combined with Obesity, these two culprits’ are devastating the health regime that we have today, check out the statistics below.
The thought of being struck down with Diabetes creates fear enough on its own but what if Obesity combines with it, unthinkable illnesses arise causing untold harm to the bearer.
This eBook is mainly about Diabetes and concentrates towards the problems and tips to help reduce or even eliminate Diabetes.
But do you know that there is a good percentage of people that seem to be fit and healthy are either in the early stages of Pre-Diabetes or they are developing fully blown Diabetes?
The following statistics are from the U.S.A. but these can be taken as a reference to the whole of the Western World.
Anyone can get type 2 Diabetes, but certain high risk factors exist:
- People age 45 and older
- Those who are obese or overweight with a BMI or 35 or more
- Those who have had gestational diabetes
- When type 2 diabetes runs in the family
- Those who have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes
- Poor lifestyle choices, like unhealthy diet and lack of exercise
- Those who have low HDL (good) cholesterol or high triglycerides
- Those who have high blood pressure
- African Americans, Latinos, Native Americans and Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders are at higher risk for contracting this disease
Diabetes can occur at any age. The numbers below as reported by the American Diabetes Association, the Diabetes Prevention Program and other government authorities show the staggering prevalence of diabetes, and specifically the preventable type 2 diabetes which accounts for most of the cases in the United States.
- 29.1 million Adults in the United States have diabetes, of those 90% to 95% are diagnosed with type 2. This equates to 1 in 10 adult’s age 20 to 64.
- Diabetes incidence increases with age. About 26% of people 65 years of age or older have diabetes, this equates to 1 in 4 senior adults.
- Of the 29 million diabetics, only 21 million have been diagnosed and 8 million remain undiagnosed and have no idea they have the disease.
- 1 out of 3 babies born in 2000 will develop diabetes.
- 86 million people age 20 years had pre-diabetes in 2012. That’s up from 79 million in 2010. Pre-diabetes is the occurrence of insulin resistance and mildly elevated levels of blood sugar but not enough to meet the criteria for diabetes. If a person who is diagnosed with pre-diabetes continues an unhealthy lifestyle that promotes it, they can easily tip the scales toward the diagnosis of diabetes.
- Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in the U.S. Diabetes alone is the cause of death in about 69,000 people per year. It is listed as a contributing factor toward death in another 234,000 death certificates.
- The incidence of diabetes varies among different ethnic groups. It makes up 7.6% of the population in Caucasians and 9% of the Asian population. The rates of diabetes are higher in non-Hispanic blacks at 13.2% and American Indians or Alaskan natives at 15.9%.
- 9.2% of pregnancies are diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Women who develop gestational diabetes during pregnancy have a 35% to 60% chance of developing type 2 Diabetes within 10 to 20 years following the pregnancy.
- Diagnosed cases of diabetes cost the United States an estimated $245 billion in 2012, and the figure is only expected to rise dramatically.
These Are Natural And Safe
They Can Lessen Diabetes Medications
They Can Improve Your Overall Wellbeing And Health
They Do Not Replace Conventional Medical Care But Complement It
Natural Therapies Can Enhance Your Conventional Medical Care
And Improve Blood Sugar Numbers
The Best Reason Of All…
Any Efforts That Stabilize Blood Sugar Numbers Help
To Prevent The Many Serious Complications Associated With Diabetes,
Amputation From Nerve Damage
Kidney Failure..Peripheral Vascular Disease
Diabetic Coma..Premature Death
Let This Be Your Companion On The Road To Health,
Wellness And Freedom In Managing Diabetes
Order Today at Just $15.50 USD Thank you for your consideration,
From the Team at Growing Gracefully Older